20111018

mark twain

extracts from Adam's diary:
Monday:
"The new creature says its name is Eve. That is all right, I have no objections. Says it is to call it by when I want it to come. I said it was superfluous, then. "

extracts from Eve's diary:
Monday:
"This morning I told him my name, hoping it would interest him. But he did not care for it. It is strange. If he should tell me his name, I would care. I think it would be pleasanter in my ears than any other sound.
He talks very little. Perhaps it is because he is not bright, and sensitive about it and wishes to conceal it. It is such a pity that he should feel so, for brightness is nothing; it is in the heart that the value lie.  I wish I could make him understand that a loving good heart is riches, and riches enough, and that without it intellect is poverty."









At Eve's Grave
ADAM: "Wheresoever she was, there was Eden."

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder